lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] An error with temporary file

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] An error with temporary file
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 17:39:25 -0500

240122 Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Philip Webb dixit:
>> It works for me with 2.9.0_pre12-r1 installed via Gentoo Linux.
> Same for me with 2.9.0 release.
> The OP said something about compression and I do have
>   Preferred media type : [42][(1)__Accept lynx's internal types]
> but
>   Preferred encoding   : [43][(6)__All_____]
> includes all the compressings (gzip/deflate/compress/bzip2).

My version is using Gentoo's  /etc/lynx.cfg ,
which leaves those settings undefined, so whatever the defaults are.
It does give 'internal' 'all' in the commented lines.

TD wondered where "pre" came from :
it was compiled 230705 from Gentoo's source files, which haven't changed.
The version above is currently Gentoo's stable,
but it offers  2.9.0_pre12-r2  2.9.0  as testing.

My use for Lynx is to have a quick look at  .html  files,
eg the content of an e-mail sent in that format.  Otherwise I use Firefox.

HTH

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatcadotinterdotnet