lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] lynx corrupts bookmark file

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx corrupts bookmark file
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 02:06:10 +0000 (UTC)

Another one, probably new (maybe when lynx started adding
ending tags):

I sometimes hand-edit my bookmarks file to put in new links
or extra information, or even to give structure to some
entries making them sub-entries etc.

So now I have:

[…]
        <li>one</li>
        <li>two</li>
        <li>three</li>
        </ol></li>
[…]

Upon saving a new bookmark entry, lynx appends it behind
“three” removing everything else in the file(!). This is
reproducible.

If I use an ul instead, it doesn’t seem to do that, but
sometimes I get…

[…]

… instead, which is also disturbing.

I honestly preferred it when lynx kept the bookmark file
in HTML 3.2-style (without the end tags), even if only
there…

That silent, un-undoable data corruption is severe though.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Gestern Nacht ist mein IRC-Netzwerk explodiert. Ich hatte nicht damit
gerechnet, darum bin ich blutverschmiert… wer konnte ahnen, daß SIE so