lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx corrupts bookmark file

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx corrupts bookmark file
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:10:13 -0400

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 02:06:10AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Another one, probably new (maybe when lynx started adding
> ending tags):
>
> I sometimes hand-edit my bookmarks file to put in new links
> or extra information, or even to give structure to some
> entries making them sub-entries etc.
>
> So now I have:
>
> […]
>       <li>one</li>
>       <li>two</li>
>       <li>three</li>
>       </ol></li>
> […]
>
> Upon saving a new bookmark entry, lynx appends it behind
> “three” removing everything else in the file(!). This is
> reproducible.

actually the comment at the top of the file says (before editing)

<!--
Note: if you edit this file manually
      you should not change the format within the lines
      or add other HTML markup.
      Make sure any bookmark link is saved as a single line.
-->

> If I use an ul instead, it doesn’t seem to do that, but
> sometimes I get…

The current snapshot (v2-9-0e) addresses this -

https://github.com/ThomasDickey/lynx-snapshots

(I've other changes in mind, but if you soon find some flaw in this, I'll fix)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net