m17n-list

[m17n-list] Patch- new layout for Marathi language - minglish

From: anish patil
Subject: [m17n-list] Patch- new layout for Marathi language - minglish
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 20:32:10 +0530

HI,

Miglish input method is to type Marathi using Latin alpha-bates.However there are existing mim layouts are available though each layout has few problems. e.g to type word "anish" in Marathi using phonetic input method one has to type sequence as "FniS" while with itrans input method one has to type "anisha". In given example user often expects "अनिश" to be appear with keystrokes "anish".
In India, people who have familiar with English language tend to type Marathi letters upon English letter pronunciation, that is why we have new term http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinglish.

I have attached my patch along with email, please let me know your comments.
Note that this is an initial layout, if others feel its useful then I will do more developments in future versions.

--
Anish Patil