m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim

From: handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 00:28:52 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)
<address@hidden> writes:

> ​I love this idea!​ It lessens the shortcuts users need memorize.

> Some bugs:
> /:)5 results in /😢 (note the leading /)
> /||3 results in /👍👎👌👏🙏 ( no options are shown).

Oops, attached is the fixed version.  I added "test" mapping to explain
how we can program candidate groups, and how a user choose a target
character.

If you type "/tt", "ABCDEFGH" is shown as the first candidate group.
Please try to type ↑,↓,→,←, to see how a user can navigate to select
a target character.  C-p, C-n, C-f, C-b works the same way respectively.

Once you understand that mechanism, could you please suggest a code for
left arrows, right arrows, and heart symbols?  I think it is better to
provide more characters for each of those categories; e.g. ⇒、⇐, 💔.

---
K. Handa
address@hidden