m17n-list

Request to add a new layout for Malayalam

From: Ajith R
Subject: Request to add a new layout for Malayalam
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:43:02 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Maintainer,

I am Ajith R from Kerala, India. I have developed a new layout for Malayalam
(named Puthunira Charutha [pnC for short]) based on usuage frequencies of
characters . As it necessitates change of punctuation marks from their
locations known from QWERTY layout, there is a slightly modified version of
QWERTY English to use along with Puthunira Charutha, named Puthunira English
Quick Fix (pnEqf for short). I am attaching the mim files for the two layouts
and icon files for them. I request you to kindly add these new layouts.

The paper showing the study is available at
http://languageinindia.com/july2023/drajithnewkeyboardsmalayalamfinal1.html
Instructions on using the layouts is available at
https://ajithramayyan.gitlab.io/puthunira
The gitlab repository is at https://gitlab.com/ajithramayyan/puthunira

Thanks,
Ajith