m4-discuss

Re: improve substr

From: Jack Woehr
Subject: Re: improve substr
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:14:00 -0700

Eric Blake wrote:
Again, implementing this natively will be more efficient. What do you think of adding these two enhancements to substr?
I think anything you want to do is okay as long as it is a perfect
superset of the existing behavior. m4 goes back to the mid-1970's
and we shouldn't break existing code. Especially not mine! :)

--
Jack J. Woehr            # Fate lessons of the past and present
http://www.well.com/~jax # were now in session.