make-alpha

Re: New release

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: New release
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:04:08 -0400

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I want to start working towards the next release of GNU make, hopefully
> in October.
>
> Please let me know what issues you'd like to see resolved, in
> particular, or possible new features you'd like to have added before the
> release.

Two things:

1. There's a guy who submitted a patch to replace the standard hash
table with a Patricia Trie, solving some scaling problems, but never
got around to filling out the GPL paperwork. It would be good to get
that in if it's been reviewed favorably, which I think is the case. I
know him and will ping him.

2. As far as I know my enhancement http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33138
is ready to go and of course I'd like to see it in the next release.

David Boyce