Questions...

From: Wagner, Phillip W.
Subject: Questions...
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:44:30 -0500

Hi,

I wasn't sure who to ask the following questions.

Any help is appreciated!!!

1. While using the -win32 shell how does one correctly expand an
    environment variable for usage on the command line.  The
    %DOS_VARIABLE% doesn't always expand when executing a command.
    It appears to still be passing commands through the BASH shell
    though the --win32 option is selected.

2. I am dealing with a compiler that will create a target file (
    .i or .obj) with a zero size when it errors.  I need to allow
    make to execute with errors suppressed as "acceptable"
    warnings occur that stop make.  Is there a way that make would
    be able to check for files with 0 size to force them to be
    rebuilt in the Win/DOS environment?  Otherwise with the correct
    file date time stamp make will consider the files complete and
    not try a rebuild.

Thanks,

Phillip

Phillip Wagner
Phone: 608.348.8815 ext. 2197  Fax: 608.348.8819
email: address@hidden
<http://www.avistainc.com/>

AVISTA®, Incorporated
P.O. Box 636