Make configuration for Win32.

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Make configuration for Win32.
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 13:32:32 -0400

First let me say I'm glad to see a seperate list for Win32.

I need for some developer to step up and get the ball rolling for what
I'm about to describe.  I just don't have any more cycles at the moment.

I would like to see the build for Win32 incorporated into the
autoconfiguration process.  With the advent of the Minimal SYStem (MSYS)
it is now possible to execute the configure script with mingw32 being
identified as the build system.  There are also many who use cross build
platforms for mingw32 and are just use to creating the Makefile by
executing the configure script.  I've just tried to execute the
configure script and find that autoconfiguration is lacking for Win32.
Also I find in the source the use of a macro WINDOWS32 to filter the
code.  It would be more correct to use _WIN32 as this is the documented
macro for system identification.  I know that there is a RC already
existing for 3.80, so I don't know if it will be possible to get the
needed changes in for this release; but, I would like someone to try.

Anyone willing to take on this task?

Earnie.