Re: Useful patch for GNUmake on Windows

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Useful patch for GNUmake on Windows
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:00:15 -0400

%% Earnie Boyd <address@hidden> writes:

  eb> I'm not sure that the Windows port is any different, however, doesn't
  eb> gmake itself have a SHELL variable it honors?

Sure.  What I mean is that make doesn't accept the value of the SHELL
variable from the invoker's environment.  It must be set inside the
makefile.

What Martin is pointing out is that if SHELL is set in the makefile
you've introduced a portability concern, if someone wants to put their
make somewhere else...