Re: Make fails to execute shell commands using sh under Win32

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Make fails to execute shell commands using sh under Win32
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:49:32 -0400

Yes, it's a Cygwin thing and is documented in the Cygwin documentation.
However, --unix has been the default for years.  I would have suggested
--win32.  There's also an environment variable name MAKE_MODE, IIRC,
check the Cygwin documentation to be sure that can be set.  If you have
that set to --win32 then that's the mode you get.

Earnie.