SHELL command length question

From: sandy currier
Subject: SHELL command length question
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:26:42 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for time in answering the following couple questions.

When running the native w32 gmake (3.81beta1), if the SHELL is set to
cygwin bash, will the native cmd.exe limit of 2047 characters (win2000)
be imposed, or will the native cygwin bash limit be imposed?  We are
looking to escape the cmd.exe limit (as well as use 3.81 features).

The reason we are not that interested in the cygwin native version is
that it is back at 3.80 and appears to fail 3 gmake tests out of the box.
However, I cannot get confirmation if the test failures are real
or pilot error on my part.

Also, is there some documentation on how to run the gmake tests on windows?

Thanks again in advance!
-sandy