RE: Windows Version

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: Windows Version
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:51:19 -0400

%% "Matt Lavoie" <address@hidden> writes:

  sd> Pls advise from where i can download the windows version of
  sd> GNUMAKE-3.79.1

  jg> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-3.79.1.tar.gz

  ml> Perhaps this address should be plastered somewhere obvious?  It is by
  ml> far the most popular question asked and certainly qualifies as a FAQ.

I'm quite sure that Sunil was asking for a precompiled binary for GNU
make; the URL JG provided is to the source tarball so you can build
your own.

I don't think the source is hard to find!  It's linked all over the place.

The FSF does not make binary versions of any of its software available
for download, for any platform.  I think they do sell CDs with
precompiled versions for various platforms, though, if you want to go
that route.  Otherwise, try Google and see what you come up with.