Bug in sub_proc.c: what to patch?

From: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Bug in sub_proc.c: what to patch?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:11:29 +0100

Hi,
the $(shell slow_command_line) does not work on win32
because make first builds a temporary batch file and
then tries to execute it via CreateProcess() as if it
was an executable module. If slow_comman_line requires
a shell, that is.

Curiously, the win32 specific function scans the file
looking for a "#! /blah" shebang before invoking the
CreateProcess. I doubt that feature might be useful
for anything, as it would require creating a `#!.bat'
file to be clled by the command interpreter...

I'm particularly concerned because I once patched
glob/glob.c for a working $(wildcard CaSeInSeNsItIvE)
but the patch was not taken because the function is
imported from some other project... Is that the case
also with w32/subproc/sub_proc.c?