Re: MSVC build test results

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: MSVC build test results
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:38:45 -0400

%% Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  ez> Works for me, although if it needs to be invoked from cmd.exe, the
  ez> stock Windows shell, you need to use ".." instead of '..', like this:

  ez>   perl -e "use POSIX qw(getcwd); my $d = getcwd(); print \"$d\n\";"

Well, of course the real code is in a big Perl script file so quoting is
not an issue.

However, I just realized that I don't think we can use this anyway.  The
test suite runs on systems like OpenVMS which don't, I'm pretty sure,
have a POSIX module.  So, if I add something like "use POSIX;" to the
test suite, it won't even run (Perl will error).

Hm.  I guess I could use require inside of eval, instead of use... yes,
that works.  Neat!

OK, I've committed some new code that tries to use POSIX::getcwd() as
long as it exists.