Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:13:42 +0300

> Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:49:46 -0400
> From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
>
> Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
>

> > The Cygwin build could (and probably should) use configure.in, but the
> > MinGW and MSVC ports don't use the configure script to build
> > themselves, and so the native builds cannot set PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR
> > there.
> >

> For MinGW, it can use configure if the MSYS shell is used.

I thought you said the MSYS port is not of importance, and should not
be supported by the official distro, since you want the MinGW
developers to use the MinGW port (which now builds without any need
for the MSYS shell and the other development tools).  Did I miss
something?

If you do want the MSYS port to be part of the official distro, then
the HAVE_DOS_PATHS gork needs similar treatment for MSYS; as you
remember, last time I tried to remote-debug the related problems, I
couldn't get them ready in time for the 3.81 release, so the last
patch I suggested is not in the sources.  Someone should pick up where
I left off.