Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin

From: William A. Hoffman
Subject: Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:08:16 -0400

At 04:59 AM 8/21/2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:02:03 -0400
>> From: "William A. Hoffman" <address@hidden>
>>
>> However, if
>> I think about it some more... What if you try to escape a dos shell
>> character with \.
>
>Why would you want to do that?
>
>Anyway, I don't think there should be a problem if you do.  Please try
>in the patched binary and see if it works for you.

The patch works for me fine.   However, I am not escaping either sh or dos
chars in my
test.

The only thing sh_chars_dos seems to add is * and %.   If you have a
\* or \%  So the question is what should happen with :

\foo\*
and
\foo\%

Should they be \foo* and \foo%  (I think that is what would happen now.)

Or should they be \foo\* and \foo\% which is what would happen if dos chars
were included with sh chars in the code.

It seems valid to have a directory name % on dos, but not *

C:\Hoffman\My Builds\CMakeDev\Tests\COnly\b>dir ..\b\%
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 78BB-7820

 Directory of C:\Hoffman\My Builds\CMakeDev\Tests\COnly\b\%

The * can not be a directory name so it should not be included.

-Bill