Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:28:37 -0400

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 21:57 +0800, Yongwei Wu wrote:
> All are silent?  Could we first do the undisputed patches, like this
> one and the w32_kill change?
>
> And I think the CVS version should at least build.  So I think Eli's
> patch to change `p[-1] =' is better than the current state, using or
> not using alloca. --- What do you think?

If you guys can come up with a patch everyone seems to agree on, I'll
apply it.  I don't even own a Windows system, much less one that can
compile GNU make, so I'm completely at the mercy of the porting folks
for Windows-only issues.  I generally don't apply patches unless there
is a clear and firm consensus and agreement from one or more of the
"longstanding" Windows hackers.

I'm not sure exactly what you're suggesting we apply: Eli's last
patches, here:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/make-w32%40gnu.org/msg01586.html

and here:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/make-w32%40gnu.org/msg01585.html

?

Eli wrote:
> I think Paul said he will install the changes for that when he has
> time.

I can do it tonight if there is agreement on what to apply...

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us