Re: Switching from CVS to GIT

From: Martin Langhoff
Subject: Re: Switching from CVS to GIT
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:35:22 +1300

On 10/15/07, Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> wrote:
> There is msysGit.  This project is nearing to its first beta, being
> self-hosted since mid-August IIRC.

I've been using it recently, I have to say it's pretty impressive -
you can use it from cmd.com or from a bash window (courtesy of the
msys environment included). The GUIs that ship with git are there
(git-gui, gitk).

I use gitk extensively, and it works *great*. My work-style is of a
shell window for status/diff/commit actions and one or more gitk
windows for browsing of proj history. You can use git-gui for a visual
status/git/commit workflow, or qgit. qgit is more integrated, and
might feel more "at home" for users that expect something more
MDI-ish.

cheers.

martin