man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] Easy way to update default manpath lookup paths?

From: Saurabh T
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] Easy way to update default manpath lookup paths?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:09:36 +0000

That's no less cumbersome and more hidden that setting MANPATH. It'd be useful
to have a way to add to the subdirectories it searches when it finds an
executable of the same name in PATH. By default this seems to be man/ ../man
share/man and ../share/man. If you could set something like ADDPATHSUBDIR
../doc/man in /etc/man_db.conf, that'd be very useful.

saurabh