man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] man-db-2.8.0: cannot read any man-page without disabl

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] man-db-2.8.0: cannot read any man-page without disabling seccomp
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 22:49:38 +0000

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 09:47:17PM +0100, Pascal Ernster wrote:
> I'm seeing a very similar error on Archlinux with man-db 2.8.0, with one
> main difference: only a single manpage is affected (man 5 smb.conf), and
> only if a non-UTF-8 locale is set (eg LANG=en_US instead of
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8). Also, the error does not occur with
> MAN_DISABLE_SECCOMP=1.

Thanks.  Fixed in git master:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/man-db.git/commit/?id=6230e97a21712c90324c0a414bf873e59f82ce7b

(As far as I know, this only affected configurations that required a
manconv pipe - hence the locale dependency - and that involved an input
file large enough that manconv would mmap it before it had finished
being written and so would need to mremap.  Or something along those
lines.)