maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] Re: preliminary italian translation

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: preliminary italian translation
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:43:33 +0100

Hello Simone!

(I've added the development list of MapOSMatic in the CC: list)

Le Thu, 24 Dec 2009 01:09:57 +0100,
Simone Cortesi <address@hidden> a écrit :

> a preliminary italian translation for maposmatic can be found here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Simone/maposmatic_traduzione

Thank you very much for this translation. We've integrated it into the
official version of MapOSMatic (http://www.maposmatic.org). The
corresponding .po file can be found at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic.git/tree/www/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/django.po.
Some translations are missing. If you find some time, don't hesitate to
send us a patch to improve this translation file.

In addition to this, I've added the street prefixes for Italian, so
that the street indexes are properly sorted. Some common street
prefixes might be missing, you can check this at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/ocitysmap/i18n.py#n121.

Finally, we also need some help to translate a few strings in
OcitySMap, the underlying layer of MapOSMatic. See
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/ocitysmap.po
for the .po file to translate. This will allow to have translated
strings in the street index.

Thanks a lot for your contribution!

Cheers,

Thomas