maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] Norwegian Bokmål translation and some i18n comments

From: Hans F. Nordhaug
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Norwegian Bokmål translation and some i18n comments
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:51:30 +0200

Hi!

I finally took some time to do the Norwegian Bokmål translation. I
think I promised to do it before Christmas ... Find attached
django-nb.po and citysmap-nb.po. (I have added the langauge code to
the file name - I know you'll have to remove it again.) I didn't
change i18n.py since I don't think we need it in Norwegian. I'll
generate some maps and see.

(django-nb.po is almost complete - just some parts of
http://www.maposmatic.org/about/ is untranslated. I just don't have
time for more now.)

Then some comments:
1) Serious issue: The "empty Arabic django.po file" linked to from
   http://wiki.maposmatic.org/doku.php?id=dev:i18n:how_to_translate_maposmatic
   is outdated. I wasted some time translating that before I noticed
   that for example "Create Map" was missing. I just grabbed the
   German translation, converted it to a pot file and updated my po
   file with the pot file. I have attached that pot file and the
   script I used to convert from po to pot. (I haven't written the
   script.)
2) On http://www.maposmatic.org/about/ the language names (for the
   translations) should start with uppercase - "German translation",
   "Italian translation". It's a minor issue and it will give a lot of
   fuzzy translations in the po files, so you might just ignore it.
3) The link to "internationalization_support" on
   http://wiki.maposmatic.org/doku.php?id=dev:i18n:how_to_translate_maposmatic
   is broken. It should link to
   http://wiki.maposmatic.org/doku.php?id=dev:i18n:i18n_support

Regards,