maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] Home-made stylesheets

From: Pierre Mauduit
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Home-made stylesheets
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 00:11:10 +0200

Hi,

Here are the maposmatic's stylesheets I homebrewed :

http://beneth.fr/~pedrov/stylesheets.tar.bz2

The directory stylesheets/ contains the following sub-dir :

- mapnik (official one)
- mapnik-light (without buildings and with some stuff removed)
- beciklo (stolen from beciklo's project, mapnik stylesheet available on
OSM wiki)
- dearl-inspired (style / colors inspired from David Earl's map, roads
size is a bit increased, as well as font size, and lots of other things
changed from the official mapnik style)

The subdirectories containing the specific stylesheets are following the
current template :

- [name] /
    |- [name].png : a preview (1000px-large) of the rendered stylesheet
    |- [name]-thumb.png : same image as previous, scaled (400px)
    |- stylesheet.xml : the main stylesheet file
    |- inc / : a subdir, stolen from the official mapnik style
       |- setting.xml.inc : to be modified to suit the setup of
       |                    mapnik-osm on the server
       |- datasource-settings.xml.inc : same remark (related to the DB)
    |- symbols : directory containing the picture files

Maybe the current OcitySmap class describing the stylesheets could be
improved, but there may be some tasks more urgent ;

Cheers,

--
Pierre