maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Question on SMTP parameters of daemon

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Question on SMTP parameters of daemon
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:56:40 -0700

* David MENTRE <address@hidden> [2012-04-27 21:41:02]:

> 2012/4/27 David MENTRE <address@hidden>:
> > What is configuration parameter for the list of recipient email
> > addresses? I see no such DAEMON_ERRORS_ parameter. Is it the ADMINS
> > parameter at the beginning of the file? How is the list configured?
>
> Hmmm, I should have looked at the code earlier. :-)
>
> In scripts/render.py:
> """
>             msg = EXCEPTION_EMAIL_TEMPLATE % \
>                     { 'from': DAEMON_ERRORS_EMAIL_FROM,
>                       'replyto': DAEMON_ERRORS_EMAIL_REPLY_TO,
>                       'to': ', '.join(['%s <%s>' % admin for admin in
> ADMINS]),
> """
>
> So ADMINS is used for the email destination. It is a list of couples
> (name, email).
>
> The comments in the template should be updated though. ;-)

I have a few pending changes on my machine, this is one of them --
making this comment clearer. Actually no emails are sent if either the
ADMINS list is empty or if no SMTP server is defined.

I'll send my patches to the list during the week-end.

/Max
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''