maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] using different fonts

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] using different fonts
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:35:48 -0700

* Jeroen van Rijn <address@hidden> [2012-07-02 23:06:04]:

> > to be used when creating maps? I would like to suggest the URW Nimbus
> > Sans L (Helvetica clone) to be used, it just looks
> > so much nicer.
> >
> That is of course another matter entirely. One could relatively easily set
> up their own copy of the MapOSMatic infrastructure and edit the OcitySMap
> stylesheets to use the font in question. Whether the hosted demonstration
> version running on mapsomatic.org will provide the stylesheet with that
> font, I cannot say; it's not my decision to make.

This is unfortunately hard to make it customizable by rendering.

That being said, it's probably a feature that MapCSS would provide, once
we take the time to investigate this technology and use it in MapOSMatic
in lieu of Mapnik XML stylesheets.

HTH,
/Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''