maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Japanese Translation

From: malenki
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Japanese Translation
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 03:32:04 +0200

Hal Seki schrieb am Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:50:33 +0900:

>Dear MapOSMatic developers,
>
>I'm Hal Seki, very new to here.

Welcome!

>There are some issues to use MapOSMatic in Japanese.
>- User interface (There is no 'Japanese')
> [...]
>Or I can try to fix it by myself if you point me out any hint.

At least for this point I can give you some helping hints.

A japanese translation is missing - you could create one.
Some time ago the process was explained to me in a nutshell:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/maposmatic-dev/2010-01/msg00007.html

Step 3 is the translation itself:
After you checked out you could find your language file at a path
similar to this (example for
German): ./maposmatic/www/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/django.po

You open the po-file for your language with your preferred editor
(though I'd recommend Poedit which has been written for translationg
po-files) and fix/enhance the translation.

But since there is no japanese language file at all you have to start
from zero.

Thus you just would work with one of the language files already
existing. Most likely you would choose a file of a second language you
understand which would help you translating.

See also
http://wiki.maposmatic.org/doku.php?id=dev:i18n:how_to_translate_maposmatic

To better see the lines you translated and which you haven't all not
translated ones should be marked as fuzzy.
As example I took the latest german file and marked all entries as
fuzzy using this string (just search and replace):
rpl -e "\nmsgid " "\n#, fuzzy\nmsgid " django.po
The result you can find here: http://malenki.ch/d/django.po

hth
malenki