metacosm-dev

[Metacosm-dev] 2002/08/18 meeting report

From: Benoît Sibaud
Subject: [Metacosm-dev] 2002/08/18 meeting report
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:00:02 +0200

Hi,

A) Move from SF to Savannah

Horus, Jansel, Woudwarf, Elkine and I already have got accounts on
Savannah. For now, Horus and I are project admins.
I suggest all of you read the Savannah FAQ (propagation delays, etc).
We can't import a full CVS repository, so I'll just import the HEAD from SF
to Savannah (for code, RFC and website).
Website needs some tuning.
DNS (hn.org) should be redirected from SF to Savannah. (will be done by
UBiK after registrar change)
Tasks and info about the project have already been transfered to Savannah.
I suggest you have a look on tasks already opened, take some and propose
new ones if needed.
CVS is in progress.
CVS on SF will be purged, to just let a README.txt.
Website on SF will be just a page to explain we leave, why, and give the
new URL.
address@hidden list'll be dropped for Savannah metacosm-dev list
(no more ads, better spam filtering, etc).***
address@hidden list'll be dropped for Savannah metacosm-cvs list.

[metacosm-cvs AT mail.freesoftware.fsf.org]
List for CVS commits
No archive
Reply to the list
Not announced on mail.freesoftware.fsf.org server
Subscription requires confirmation.
Members list only available to admin
Antispam From: address
Everybody can post for now (will be restrict to posters as soon as I know
the From address for CVS server)
Horus, Elkine, Jansel and I already subscribed. I didn't subscribe UBiK
because I don't know which address he wants to use.
Admins: Horus and me

[metacosm-dev AT mail.freesoftware.fsf.org]
List for general discussion and developers
Public archive (if you know the url)
Reply to the list
Not announced on mail.freesoftware.fsf.org server
Subscription requires confirmation.
Members list only available to admin
Antispam From: address
Everybody can post, but the list is moderated (a 'white list' avoids
moderation for us, I'll add addresses when needed)
Horus, Elkine, Jansel, Boug, Woudwarf and I already subscribed. I didn't
subscribe UBiK because I don't know which address he wants to use.
Admins: Horus and me

B) Woodwarf work
Nothing new since the work has been published on Horus website. I ask for a
detailled basic algorithm (with parameters to tweak) with effects and
retro-effects, to have something to test and implement. The choice was a
'offer/demand/production/consumer' algorithm.

C) Jansel questions and blues about Perceptions and Influences
Need to specify low level description. At least a basic draft.

D) "Trophees du libre"
A French "International Free Software Competition". There is a game
category (arcade, MMORPG, etc). So our project respects conditions. We can
play if we decide to (one year duration). Prices are vaguely described as
travels, servers and hostings.
See http://www.tropheesdulibre.org for more details.

E) M2 as always
Need to specify low level description, and probably some network protocols
too.
I'm late with M2 quest.
Features we agree on: a parrot (stimuli repeater), rock/paper/scissor duel
(cf tasks).
Feature we just discuss: beggar
GCC 3.2 is available (nothing new gcj 3.2 should be just like gcj 3.1.1).
SableVM 1.0 released (free JVM). Don't know anything else about it.

F) DNS
Our DNS reservation'll end in Sept the 2nd. We need to pay again and to
choose a new registrar (netsol is just bad and expensive).
I privately discussed with UBiK about DNS renewal. Operation under way. The
new registrar'll be godaddy.com.

And I probably forgot things... Feel free to correct me.

Typos and bad English in this mail is released under GNU FDL.

Happy hacking,

--
Benoît Sibaud