mibble-users

[Mibble-users] MibNode -> SnmpTextualConvention

From: Birgit Arkesteijn
Subject: [Mibble-users] MibNode -> SnmpTextualConvention
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:33:45 +0000

Dear Mibble users,

I'm part of the Westhawk SNMP Stack in Java team.

Our last release contains some experimental software to auto
generate a Java source file of a PDU or bean out off a MIB file,
using smidump (libsmi).

We are trying to use Mibble (v2.5) for this purpose. I'm extending
the Mibble Browser example into a Stub Browser;
The user can select OIDs via the JTree, generate stub files and save
them to disk.

The JTree gives me MibNode(s). I manage to get my hands on a lot of MIB
information. However, I do not seem to get hold of any
SnmpTextualConvention objects.

As example I'm trying to generate a stub for sysDescr. sysDescr is a
DisplayString, so I assume that somewhere a SnmpTextualConvention object
is associated with the MibNode for sysDescr.

Could someone please explain to me how I can do this?

Thanks, Birgit

--
-- Birgit Arkesteijn, address@hidden,
-- Westhawk Ltd, Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester M1 5LN, UK