mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] mibble thread safty

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] mibble thread safty
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:09:57 +0200

Yes, Mibble is thread-safe for all non-mutable
operations. I.e. results may be undefined if
you load several MIB files in parallell, but
otherwise you may query the MIB objects in any
way you wish.

Cheers,

/Per

Steve Nicolai wrote:
We're looking at using mibble, but I've got some questions about
thread safety.  I see from the javadoc that MibLoader is not thread
safe, but what about Mib?  I'd like to load a set of MIBs once, then
have several threads query for either OIDs or names off the same Mib
object.

Does mibble support this?

Steve Nicolai