mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] MibLoader Exception

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] MibLoader Exception
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 14:07:22 +0200

I've registered bug #19905 for this issue:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19905

It'll be fixed in the next version of Mibble.
Tricky thing this to always stay in sync with
all the new IETF MIBs...

/Per

Elyes Lehtihet wrote:
Hello Mibble users,
First of all, thanks for the tool - I find it very useful for manipulating IETF Mibs. The source was very helpful to understand the API. As some of you might know, the Libsmi distribution provide an up-to-date list of MIBs published through IETF RFCs and maintained by the IANA. 41 files are added to the ones provided in the Mibble distribution (only from IETF). However, I have encountered problems loading 13 of these MIBs. The MIB Loader only indicate the number of errors in the 'faulty' file; Since I am not an expert in SMIv2, I cannot figure out what are the errors. Not sure if the files are not compliant with the language or if Mibble API is not taking into account some language constructs? That would be nice to include support for these MIBs in future Mibble distribution - as some can be very interesting for many of us (e.g. MOBILEIPV6, ADSL2, etc.) The whole set of files can be obtained here: ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/libsmi/WIN32/libsmi-0.4.5-r6541.zip
Below, the list of files.

Best regards,
Elyes

ADSL2-LINE-MIB