microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] microdc bugs..

From: Steffen Schulz
Subject: [microdc-devel] microdc bugs..
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 03:03:42 +0100

Hi all,

Probably more a bug in 'shakespeer' than in microdc:

The lines in the filelist are too long, shakespeer is unable to read
it. To circumvent this, I added in xml_flist.c line 161:

written += xmlTextWriterWriteRaw(writer, "\n");

A problem I was unable to trace further:

In main.c, resolve_upload_file is called with char *remote_file:

/mp3s/Linkin Park/Linkin Park_Reanimation/Linkin Park_12_Ntr/Mssion.ogg

However, this file does not exist. The name on disk and in the filelist
is "Linkin Park_12_Ntr\Mssion.ogg" (backslash, not slash!). Resulting in:

Disconnected from user process `el_Duderino|UL'.
User process terminated by signal SEGV.

The translation of the / into \ seems to be indepentend of the client
that wants to download the file. I tried dc++ v0.307 in Windows and
valknut 0.3.7 in Linux.

Similar SEGV occur when users try to download files with special
characters(like german umlauts) in the filename. The error occurs
before and after I convert the filenames to utf8 via convmv.

/Steffen