microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] iconv needs ignore and/or translit

From: Björn Róbertsson
Subject: [microdc-devel] iconv needs ignore and/or translit
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:23:50 -0000 (GMT)

>From the man page for iconv_open:

When the string "//IGNORE" is appended to tocode, characters that cannot
be represented in the target character set will be silently discarded.

I'm only getting partial filelists, since source files contain characters
which fail with iconv. I can search the whole list, but while browsing
users, the list contains only entries up to the 'first' broken character.

Regards,
Björn