Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Mingw-w64 thoughts (was OSX 10.6 workaro

From: Ben Lau
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Mingw-w64 thoughts (was OSX 10.6 workarounds)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:47:27 -0800

My primary reason for utilizing mingw-cross-env is to reduce the
hassle of compiling a cross platform application on multiple platforms
(though I have yet to find as nice a solution for OS X).  In this
vein... since I'm going to need to start supporting 64-bit browsers at
some point (I work on a browser plug-in) having support for compiling
w64 applications would be critical.

I've recently been tasked with getting our application working in an
64-bit XP environment... but luckily that doesn't require native
64-bit support yet. :-)  But having a single solution for win32 and
win64 would make life much simpler.

As for porting... it depends on the application... if I need it on
Windows I'd port it.  Otherwise I wouldn't waste the time.  So I guess
I take a pragmatic approach to the problem.

Ben Lau