[Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeTDS news

From: Mark Brand
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeTDS news
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:37:25 +0100

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know there was a patch yesterday for FreeTDS
introducing SSPI support which makes it possible to use password-less
"Windows authentication" with MS SQL Server without ODBC. I've
successfully tried it with Qt's TDS plugin driver.

This is great news and I'd like to make this available in
mingw-cross-env. It's not easy to do that right now because FreeTDS does
not produce frequent tarballs or frequent releases. I posted a note on
the list there asking about this.

It makes me wonder about having mingw-cross-env provide package tarballs
itself in such circumstances or maybe having the "download" makefile
target get sources from CVS and build the desired tarball.  Maybe this
won't be necessary.

Please feel free to comment on either issue.

-Mark