Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt built with mingw does not define Q_WS_WIN

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt built with mingw does not define Q_WS_WIN
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:34:56 +0200

There's only one interpretation: Q_WS_WIN is defined when building a
Windows executable. [...]
I fully agree.
However, AFAICS the constants Q_OS_WIN32 and Q_WS_WIN are already set
in mingw-cross-env's Qt, at least in our current development version.

I don't dispute this interpretation either. Earlier I said I didn't know because it was their first time the subject had come up and I hadn't looked into it.

However, still the same error, Q_WS_WIN is not set.

I'm curious about why Q_WS_WIN is defined for Volker, but not for you. Have you tried the test program?

Just to be sure, are you invoking qmake as "i686-pc-mingw32-qmake" with <ming-cross-env>/usr/bin in your PATH?

Furthermore, the "make clean" target is not using "rm -f" but simply "rm":

I hadn't noticed that before. Would you mind checking whether changing QMAKE_DEL_FILE in usr/i686-pc-mingw32/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf fixes this?

And the worst of all right now:

  error: phonon/mediaobject.h: No such file or directory

mingw-cross-dev doesn't seem to install Phonon at all.

From what I think I understand, Phonon only works with shared Qt. The default in mingw-cross-env is static, but that's easy enough to change in src/qt.mk. There are some notes in there about building Qt in shared form. Then you can enable phonon, as well as webkit.

Also, building the ds9 backend for Phonon requires headers Nokia includes in its MinGW distribution but are not in the standard MInGW packages and also not (yet) in mingw-cross-env. It's being worked on for mingw-cross-env. I'd be happy to send you my patches for this, assembled from the Nokia changes, if you would like to try them.

regards,

Mark