Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gdb support

From: Mark de Wever
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gdb support
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 16:36:36 +0200

Volker Grabsch wrote:
Hello Mark,

Hi Volker,

I hope you remember the GDB discussion some time ago.

I do, and nice to hear you want to include it.

In addition, I think that GDB should be linked statically,
such that one can carriy _one_ file (gdb.exe) around, and
nothing else. The current MinGW build of GDB depends on
libexpat-1.dll ...  WTF?! ... and why does one need to
download that separately?

It indeed creates a static gdb.exe. It also creates gdbserver.exe, but I never tested that.

So it would be great if you could provide again your "gdb.mk"
file, adapted to the current GDB version. If you don't have
a $(PKG)_UPDATE section, just leave it empty and I'll fill
that in for you.

I already have a working $(PKG)_UPDATE section, I just tested the update routine and it found gdb 7.1. I'm compiling gdb 7.1 now and will send gdb.mk after testing, probably tomorrow.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever