Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.7 beta in development version?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.7 beta in development version?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 11:07:43 +0000

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I am wondering if we should go ahead and include Qt 4.7-beta1, [...]
>
> The crossbuilding solution for Qt 4.7 has been drastically simplified
> and improved and an upstream merge request is pending to support this
> out-of- the-box.
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/654

That's great news!

Although I don't like opening too many building sites, I think this
one is okay.

> If you would like to try it out for your project ahead of time, my
> current snapshot for Qt 4.7-beta1 is here:
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~brandm/mingw-cross-env/qt.mk
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~brandm/mingw-cross-env/qt-1-win32.patch

I just included those, with a few minor adjustments.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/3f5493c7f144

I'm mentioning your above URL in the patch:

    This patch has been taken from:
    http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/654

Is that correct?

An another question: Why did you remove the bindirsink?

         -prefix '$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)' \
         -prefix-install \
-        -bindir '$(1)'/bindirsink \
         -script \
         -opengl desktop \

What kind of (interesting?) executables will be installed
into usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin by Qt?

Greets,
Volker

--