Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] changes pushed
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:35:40 +0200

Thanks for your great work! However, I have a small question regarding
a new command in the Qt build that comes without a comment:

     cd '$(1)'&&  QTDIR='$(1)' ./bin/syncqt

What's the purpose of the call to 'syncqt'? Does it involve any
network activity?

Syncqt prepares the source tree. No network activity. We have to do this because of the patches we apply to the tarball sources.

Qt users should see the changed step 5b of the tutorial.
The new paragraph is a good source of information, but it also
contains too many technical details. In particular, it contains
details that will change anytime soon. It would be great if you
could simplify it. Here's a rough proposal. Feel free to improve it:

     If you are using Qt plugins
     such as the svg or ico image handlers,
     you should also have a look at the
documentation about static plugins</a>.
     Note that you don't need plugins
     for the sql drivers (-qt-sql-*)
     and the image handlers for jpeg, tiff, gif and mng,
     because those are built-in.

You are right.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/d4341fed07fc

regards,