Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-utils

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-utils
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:54:22 +0200

M. Gerhardy <address@hidden> schrieb:
> attached is a patch to add mingw-utils support to mingw-cross-env
> (useful for e.g. converting *.lib into *.def and *.a [reimp and
> pexport])

Just to be sure: The mingw-utils are development tools, but you
don't create a native but a cross-compiled version of them. Well,
there's nothing wrong with that, but I wonder in how far this is
useful. What's the use case? In other words: For what purpose are
you using those cross-compiled mingw-utils?

> the only issue i have is that i had to specify the version number twice.

That's easily fixed using the appropriate GNU Make macros. It's not the
first time that we have to extract some part of a version number. :-)

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch