Xerces configure problem on Open Solaris (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list]

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Xerces configure problem on Open Solaris (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Ilmbase/OpenEXR)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:54:23 +1000

On 13 September 2010 03:48, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> >
>> > Note that providing a CONFIG_SHELL argument is usually the cleaner
>> > way to do that:
>> > http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/19dc75da9387
>> >
>> > Please check whether this also solves the problem.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the same error occurs doing it that way.
>
> Okay, so I added your change, too. I'm keeping the "CONFIG_SHELL=..."
> code in order to make clear that the "$(SHELL) ./configure" code has
> not been added by accident.

Xerces is having a similar problem with syntax errors in ./configure
on Open Solaris after this revision

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/b761d575310e

Using the $(SHELL) ./configure syntax allows the build to succeed.

I'm guessing that there's a subtle difference between the shell that
executes the script and the shell that executes commands inside the
script. They're both sources of potential portability issues, but
these two (ilmbase and xerces) seem to be the former.

Cheers,

Tony