Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] blas, cblas, lapack, suitesparse

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] blas, cblas, lapack, suitesparse
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 00:23:58 +1000

On 16 July 2010 05:50, Alois Schlögl <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 07/15/2010 11:33 AM, Alois Schlögl wrote:
>>
>> On 07/15/2010 09:43 AM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>>> However, I notices that your blas and cblas scripts have an
>>> important flaw:
[snip...]

>>> Both do not download the source package of the given version.
>>> Instead, they seem to download always the latest one. This is
>>> almost never a good idea:
[snip...]
>> Netlib does not provide version numbers for cblas and blas. A possible
>> explanation can be found in the FAQ,  http://www.netlib.org/blas/faq.html#1
>> which says that the package is
>> the "Fortran 77 reference implementation of the BLAS". I guess this means
>> that there are no more changes expected, and therefore no version numbers
>> are provided. The latest changes in cblas are from 2003, so CBlas is really,
>> really stable and a new release (casing a break of this script) is very
>> unlikely. Therefore I suggest to include cblas.mk, despite the missing
>> versioning.
>>
>> Since blas is also build with lapack (which has a version numbering),
>> blas.mk could be omitted.
>>

> Finally, suitesparse is working, too. I made some minor modifications in
> cblas.mk, and lapack.mk. The final versions are attached.

Hi Alois,

I've made a few changes to these:
1. disable building demos as many of them seem to want to execute (do
you have wine installed?)
2. use make options instead of sed replacements
3. disable metis due to licence concerns (can be re-enabled easily)

Can you check if these still work for you?

Thanks,

Tony