Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw64

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw64
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:29:48 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I've been playing with mercurial and thought I'd put my experiments in
> a branch on bitbucket. Using development versions of gcc and mingw-w64
> seems to be the way to go,

Thanks for sharing your experiments!

> though I might try the released gcc in the future.

Given that the issues shouldn't be compiler-specific (at least I
hope so), using the latest release of GCC should be a safe bet.

> There was apparently a release of mingw-w64 recently
> (according to the front page) but I can't find the file anywhere and
> they continue to make checkins against that svn branch.

Sometime it takes a while for the packages to appear. You might
want to get in touch with the Mingw-64 people anyway (e.g. join
their mailing list) since you are actively working with their stuff.

> The targets are in the
> Makefile, and the pixman change is an example of some of the small
> changes we'll have to slowly work through.

I had a look at it, and it looks really strange to me that disabling
thread-safety is necessary to get it running. This looks more like
a compiler or win32api issue to me. Or maybe some threading lib
(like pthreads-w32) is missing in the list of dependencies?

Anyway, thanks for sharing this, hopefully more people are having
a look at it and are experimenting with it, especially those who
explicitly asked for 64-bit support on this list.

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch