Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk-config?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk-config?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 01:06:26 +0200

Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I think the package gtk misses the copy of the gtk-config file - is that
> intentional? I'm using pkg-config anyway - but i just wondered why it is
> missing.

I think it is "missing" because it is not part of the GTK package.
We don't suppress it.

For comparison: On Debian, the gtk-config is unavailable, too.
It is only available in the really outdated GTK-1.2 package, but
not in GTK-2.x and above.

It seems that gtk-config has been completely replaces with the
pkg-config script, which is BTW a very sensible thing to do.

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch