Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] glib Debian Lenny

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] glib Debian Lenny
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:43:50 +0200

Hi Martin,

M. Gerhardy <address@hidden> schrieb:
> configure.ac:2: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
>
> sources.list:
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free
>
> apt-get -t lenny-backports install autoconf

Yes, I already put in a note into the docs:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/99f82f655b1c

However, this information was a bit too short, so I added some more details:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/553776cedf0b

Here's a preview:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/553776cedf0b/doc/index.html#requirements-debian

Do you think this information is sufficient?

Thanks for reporting this! I was about to report that, but you were
faster than me. :-)

Mark, do you see any possibility to fix this easily? As far as I can
tell, glib requires some more Autoconf packages to recreate its build
scripts, so it might be a good idea to try to get along without any
autoconf/automake calls. Or do we have to require a more recent libtool
version?

Greets,
Volker

--