Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt Issue

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt Issue
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:34:04 +0100

There's an issue with the current qt.mk on system where lcms(1) is
not installed natively. On those systems, Qt fails with:

g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o ../../../bin/rcc ... -lbootstrap -llcms
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llcms

That is, Qt tries to use the "-lcms" option also for native builds,
not just the cross builds.

Mark, do you see an easy way to fix that?

This issue did not appear in the latest release.

The recent enabling of lcms in our libmng introduced the lcms dependency to QtGui. So qmake would generate correct makefiles for applications, I added "-llcms" to Qt's configure script invocation. This causes "-llcms" to appear everywhere, even where it's not needed. As you experience shows, this is not always harmless.

To avoid this problem, I have added -llcms just to the relevant project file. This puts -llcms only where it is needed, i.e., in combination with -lmng.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/48f303bbb555

Could you try this out?

Mark