Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mplayer now is cross-compiled

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mplayer now is cross-compiled
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:30:28 +0100

Di Appoggio <address@hidden> schrieb:
> OK, mplayer is compiled now. The configure script is hand written so I had
> to "tweak" it to directly tell him that MinGW should be used.

Thanks for the contribution and sorry for the late reply.

However, I don't think it makes sense to include actual applications
in mingw-cross-env.

You might instead want to contribute your cross-compiled mplayer
binary to the MPlayer project, so they can offer it directly on
their download page. Or, offer the MPlayer win32 port on your own
website. In either case, I'd be happy to include it in our section
"Projects which use mingw-cross-env".

Note that things would be different if the mplayer package was
a library (like ffmpeg) that you're using in your applications.
In that case, I'd include the mplayer package because of that
library. The mplayer.exe would be a mere test/development tool,
similar to psql.exe for the PostgreSQL library, or gdb.exe for
debugging.

So if that's the case, feel free to propose your current mplayer.mk
again, and I'd be happy to include it.

Greets,
Volker

--