Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Gentoo GCC testing (was Gentoo doc update

From: hoijui
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Gentoo GCC testing (was Gentoo doc update)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:25:46 +0100

short story:
the compile problem i had with gcc is solved now. it was purely my
fault, so you may remove the note about problems on gentoo from the
"prepare your system" page.

slightly longer story:
i was using a redirect script for gcc, with this content:

    #!/bin/sh
    ccache gcc $*

this caused problems with defines specified on the command-line that
had quotes and spaces in them (eg: -DFOO="\" bar\"").
using this instead:

    alias gcc="ccache /usr/bin/gcc"

fixed the problem. ;-)

so... a big sorry for all the wasted time! :/