Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Undefined reference to freeglut libraryfuncti

From: Zdenek Hutyra
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Undefined reference to freeglut libraryfunctions
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:06:15 +0100

Hi all,

Hi

I used mingw-cross-env on Ubuntu 10.10 to cross compile a simple OpenGL program (Lesson 03 of NeHe, http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/linux/lesson03.tar.gz).

In this case it does not matter, but normally you should use the Windows
version.

MinGW compiled the program fine, but failed to link to functions in GLUT library, which is actually freeglut installed by mingw-cross-env using "make freeglut". I included my output here. To reproduce the error, please follow these steps.

Try the attached patch.
(I don't like it, but the DevIL package does it this way, so I guess it is a
preferred solution)

zh